Monday, June 16, 2008

In Other News...

...the baby downy woodpeckers are alive, well, and QUITE loud. One more week until we can chop the tree up. Hopefully our neighbors don't mind too much!

...the fine folks at One Project Closer are pledging money to Habitat for Humanity this summer. I am a HUGE fan of Habitat for Humanity... and not only for their resale stores. Habitat does a fabulous job of getting homes into the hands of those who need them. OPC's contest sounds like a fun way to show off your progress AND benefit HfH.

... I STILL can't get a mason to commit to an estimate. They call me back, we chat about the house, and then they tell me they will call in a few days to set up an appointment. We are 0 for 4 right now.

... it's been a very busy week/end, and I have LOTS of projects to show off!

2 comments:

Silvia said...

Sounds like my odd electrical job. When companies don't want to do a job, they either give you a rediculous estimate or never call you back.
Salvaged cranite from the resale store, or where can one find such a deal?

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much for the mention! We certainly hope to get a good number of people submitting entries. Our current fear is that people will wait until later in the summer to submit something because they don't have anything good now. There's only 13 slots competing for the $50 card - I presume that the first ones will be easier to get...

In any event, we're excited to be supporting Habitat, and I'm going to take you up on your recommendation to include a volunteering challenge.