It is solid maple hardwood flooring, hand dyed in primary colors and installed in a random pattern.
As you can see, the bathroom is not completely finished, but the sink and vanity are completed. They have taken an old writing desk and inserted the sink into it. They are very environmentally conscious, and so are draining the sink into a copper pail beneath instead of into the sewer line.
No cabinets in this kitchen... everything is displayed artistically on iron racks, wall shelves, and hooks.
What are they doing to create a low-impact lifestyle?
- Composting all food and paper scraps
- Growing their own food and eating vegan
- Using the sun to heat their greenhouse
- Dropping the heat at night and using hot water bottles
- Recycling all greywater into plant water
- Line drying all laundry
- Walking to the grocery store; only one car for the family
- Not using a microwave or refrigerator