Saturday, March 15, 2008

Projects on Hold (And One Handed Typing)

It was a long day yesterday...woke up too early and worked too long.

We decided to go get a nice bottle of wine from the liquor store for dinner.

We picked up a few and noticed that our favorite was on sale ($3 off!) so I grabbed a few more... and one slipped! I stupidly bent down to grab it as it fell and sliced my hand open on the broken glass as it shattered.

Sigh. Not very smart.

Trip to urgent care... xrays to make sure the glass was all out. Luckily, it was fairly shallow (but huge and long), so no stitches were needed.

I have a HUGE pink bandaged hand now, a bunch of antibiotics, and a new tetanus shot. The worst part is that I can't get it wet for 5 days.

I'm hoping the bill isn't too big, and that insurance covers some of it... at least they didn't charge us for the broken wine bottle!

At least I can still play with SketchUp. It only needs one hand.

18 comments:

min hus said...

Jennifer- Sorry to hear about the injury, but it is lucky you didn't need stitches.

Now you can take a well deserved reno-hiatus! Time for a movie and snuggle marathon, maybe with a glass of that wine if you haven't lost your taste for it. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh! I'm so sorry. I hope you get better soon.

And did you put the "pain, gried, determination" headline in the background on purpose? If so, 2 points for extra blogging creativity :)

Chile said...

Ouch! But, doesn't this mean you get out of doing dishes for a while? ;-)

The new info on your sidebar is good. Might be easier to read if split to the other side of the main body, though.

We are in said...

Oh Jennifer - isn't that ironic? All the dare-devil, power-tool,pry-bar stuff we do and you're taken out of action by a bottle of wine?

Hope you heal well and quickly.

Jen said...

Ouh! Those vino sales will get you one way or another.

Hopefully it will heal soon.
:)

Joanne said...

Jeez--I know that smarts. I did the same thing trying to catch a falling wine glass. Good thing you don't need stitches.

Fred said...

oh my. Get well soon.

Why S? said...

You hadn't even started drinking yet! Enjoy your recovery time the best you can.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about the injury- some of your projects are on hold now, huh?

I hope the hand gets better soon- but love the pink!

Jean Martha said...

That's what you get for boozin'!!

Kidding. Hope you feel better!!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh! That's awful! Well, at least you've got two bottles of your favorite wine to drown your sorrows in.

Anonymous said...

That sounds awful! One hand typing may be fun though. Every time, I hurt one of my body parts, I gain immediate and immense appreciation for it :) Take care.

Scott Robichaud said...

Looks like houses around the nation are revolting

Ethan@OneProjectCloser said...

Sorry to hear about your hand. Hope it heals quickly!

modernemama said...

oops that looks sore. Did you at least get a drink?

us said...

Ouch! That story makes me shudder. Get well soon!

Stephanie said...

Ooooh - ouch! Feel better soon!

Larry said...

OUCH!!!!

You need a 'Boo-Boo Meter'.